To keep our guides free, we're reader supported. That means if you buy something via a link on this page, we might earn a commission. Thanks for that. Learn more
In this guide
Sleepers looking for a firm mattress that combines quality materials, including memory foam and latex, will love the Onebed Original. With flippable firmness levels, it provides a supportive, comfortable sleep that suits all sleeping styles. Effective at minimising partner disturbance, it’s great for co-sleepers.
We reckon side sleepers and back sleepers will enjoy the firm, supportive feel of the Eva mattress. Thanks to its minimal partner disturbance, it’s ideal for people who share a bed. Its breathability and coolness impressed us too, so it’s great for hot sleepers.
According to thousands of happy Aussie sleepers, the Onebed Original is very good. This quality latex, memory foam, and foam mattress offers customisable firmness from medium through to medium-firm and firm. Known for its support and firmness, the Onebed Original is also great at minimising partner disturbance and sleeping cool.
- The adjustable firmness levels, from medium through to medium-firm and firm.
- The removable, washable cover to keep things smelling sweet.
- Quality materials, including latex and memory foam.
- Thousands of happy Aussie sleepers.
- Lack of details, including shipping and basic stuff like weight.
We reckon so. We rate its great combination of quality materials. As a hybrid mattress, it’s packing latex, gel memory foam and pocket springs. This trio gives great support and comfort and reduces partner disturbance. It also helps keep the Eva mattress cool and breathable. Which - as anyone who’s ever sweated through a hot Aussie night knows - is super important.
Add to this quick delivery, wheels on the box to easily move it around, handles to easily turn it and a medium-soft feel, and you’ve got one of the best value mattresses we’ve ever slept on.
- Hybrid construction that makes it oh-so-comfortable and supportive.
- Super-breathable and cool thanks to the pocket springs that allow air to circulate.
- Minimal partner disturbance.
- Longer than standard trial period and warranty.
- Transparency around their manufacturers.
- The metres and metres of soft plastic that Eva vacuum-seals mattresses in.
- Tendency to feel a little like you’re rolling into the middle.
- Heavy, with a queen weighing 55kg.
The Onebed Original mattress is an all-foam mattress with 3 layers:
- A 4cm latex top layer for a cool, somewhat bouncy sleep.
- A 4cm memory foam layer for cushioning support that moulds to your body, plus pressure relief.
- A 17cm polyurethane foam layer for a stable, quality support base.
It’s also got a removable, washable polyester cover. All materials in the OneBed Original are certified free of harmful chemicals and other nasties by independent testing organisations.
The Eva mattress is a hybrid mattress, which means it’s got both foam and pocket springs. Its 4 layers consist of:
- Gel memory foam for cooling and pressure relief.
- Latex foam for breathability and support.
- High density foam for firmness.
- 5 zone pocket springs to minimise partner disturbance. Plus extra springs along the side pockets gives edge support so you don’t slip off when putting your socks on.
The Onebed Original comes with a 125-night trial. Onebed asks that you try it for at least 30 nights before returning it. If it’s not right for you, you can email them to arrange a free pick up. Once it’s been picked up, you’ll be fully refunded - within 30 days. Onebed also promises that it’ll be picked up within 30 days. So you could be looking at up to 60 days or around 2 months for your refund to be issued.
You have a 15-year warranty with a Onebed Original. This warranty covers any indentation that’s deeper than 2cm; a flaw that causes the foam or latex to split or crack; and failure of the mattress zipper or tearing of the outer cover. If the cover develops a fault, only the cover is repaired or replaced. The warranty is void if you don’t use a suitable bed base so don’t use the mattress on the floor.
No shipping information is provided beyond it being ‘fast and free’.
The Eva mattress comes with a whopping standard free trial of 365 nights. Shipping is fairly standard too, with next-day metro delivery. Non-metro areas will take between 1-8 business days. Wherever you are in Australia, shipping is free.
Oh, and they’ll only deliver to your door, not inside your home. If you live in an apartment complex or have lots of stairs, you might want to rope someone in to help.
The Eva mattress warranty is better than standard (10 years). Instead, it comes with a 12-year warranty. Which is even more impressive when you consider you’re paying less than a grand for even the largest size.